Holy City Hearing
Improving people’s lives with better hearing.
Welcome to Holy City Hearing
Holy City Hearing is a privately owned, independent hearing center run by husband and wife, Derrick and Nancy Woods. We provide expert hearing healthcare services to the people of South Carolina Low Country. Whether you are looking for a hearing test, tinnitus management, or the latest hearing aid technology, we can help you.
Are You Being Heard?
Holy City Hearing was recently featured in an article on CharlestonPhysicians.com! We discussed the importance of hearing, not only for the individual, but for the whole family. With first-hand experience, our owner, Derrick, understands how hearing loss can affect your quality of life and relationships. Check out the article here and consider scheduling a free hearing evaluation today!
Our mission is quite simply to help improve one’s quality of life, as well as their loved ones, through better hearing. Our guiding principle is to always treat people the way we would want to be treated.
Why Choose Holy City Hearing?
Holy City Hearing is one of the last family-owned independent practices in the Tri-County area surrounding Charleston – often referred to as the Low Country. Unlike other practices who are focused on just selling hearing aids, we take the time to get to know our patients and we always treat them like our family. With two locations, in Mount Pleasant and Summerville, we provide patient-centered care to adults of all ages. We will always go above and beyond to help our patients, no matter their degree of hearing loss, lifestyle, or budget.
At Holy City Hearing, we understand getting hearing aids can be a big commitment. That’s why we offer a free test drive of hearing aids, so you can try them before you buy them. Try them at home, try them at your favorite restaurant, try them in all your environments! We take pride in making sure everyone has the best fit possible, with no commitment.
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
Whether you visit us at our Mount Pleasant office or in Summerville, you will always be greeted by name and by a friendly face. Upon your arrival our front office staff will have some paperwork ready for you to fill out. Then one of our hearing specialists will come greet you and bring you back for the appointment.
- We will first go over your paperwork with you and discuss what brought you in. Before the hearing exam, we will explain what you can expect and we will even show you a blank audiogram so you can see what we will be looking for.
- Then we will look inside your ear with a video otoscope, which allows for a detailed viewing of your ear canal. We want to make sure your ear is clear of any built-up earwax before we continue.
- After we’ve ensured your ears are clear, then we will perform the hearing test. The hearing test doesn’t take long and is painless. We will test your ability to hear different tones and sounds at high and low frequencies.
- We will go over the results of your audiogram with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Then we will show you a pair of hearing aids in our office so you can see what they look like. Depending on your treatment plan, we also offer free trial “Test Drive” (provided your selection is not predetermined by your insurance policy).
Preferred Provider of the NFL Players Association
Holy City Hearing is a preferred hearing care provider for the NFL Players Association Professional Athletes Foundation. Through this partnership, the PAF aims to bring better hearing to former professional athletes and their fans across the nation. Together, we spread awareness, help players in need of hearing care, and collected data on the connection between hearing loss and professional football.
What's New in Hearing Healthcare
Seasonal Allergies and Hearing
Make an Appointment Learn More Are Clogged Ears Causing Discomfort? It May be Seasonal Allergies Itching, sneezing, coughing, and wheezing are all symptoms you might
Hearing Aid Styles
Are you in the process of deciding to treat your hearing loss with the use of hearing aids?
How Hearing Affects Your Overall Health
Like many of us, you might have made a goal to focus on your health in the new year. Learn how hearing loss can affect your overall health.
5 Tips for Adjusting Your Hearing Aids
Taking the steps to get your hearing tested, learn about your hearing loss, and be fitted for hearing aids is a huge accomplishment.